Tuesday, February 19, 2008

In the beginning

So I used to have a blog. A personal blog, I mean, because I'm a blogger by trade. I stopped several years ago, however, and I'm not sure why. Lack of time, I guess, or energy, or anything to say. Besides, when you're blogging to make money, it's harder to blog about random thoughts on a separate page; at the end of the day, I'm all blogged out.

But things have changed. No, I don't think I have any great wisdom to impart or anything (probably the exact opposite, really), but on February 8th, my husband and I had a baby boy, and I want -- need -- an outlet, or a diary, someplace I can record the ups and downs. So here I am, back again, to talk about Jackie-bear. This is day eleven. He's in the swing next to me, lost in the folds of a huge nightgown, and I should be sleeping. Instead, I'm scarfing down breakfast and googling childrens' songs in an effort to remember the things I used to sing with my mother. It's my first day on my own with him and I'm determined not to call anyone for help.

And just in case you don't believe me about the Elvis smile in the blog description:

No comments: