Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bathtime adventures

So last Wednesday we had our first bath, and it went really well. Little man only cried when I took him out of the bath, which I guess means he liked it. I was careful about not pouring water down into his eyes, but he let me clean his eyes and the surrounding area with cotton balls without protest. I tried to be really cheerful about the whole thing and sang to him while I lowered him into the bath, and I think that helped.

I did learn, however, that my kitchen sinks aren't standard sized, so we had our bath on the bathroom floor with towels and extra crib sheets spread everywhere. Mom, if you're reading this, I'm getting creative with the 42,000 crib sheets. They're very useful!

Tonight we had to have an extra emergency bath. Why? Because in the middle of an epic session of multi-poop, Jack also managed to pee everywhere. By everywhere, I mean all over his froggie pajamas, on his back, his hands, and in his hair. Also, all over the changing table. So off we went to the bath again.

2 comments:

Furrow said...

Oh, wow. That is such a cute picture. I love the after bath pics. We have some fab ones of Zo in her froggy towel.

We've had our share of diaper changing mishaps, but it's not nearly so dangerous with a girl.

Furrow said...

BTW, I commented on your flickr account. Frog pajamas. hee hee. I'm a TR fan.